Saturday, October 22, 2016

Catching up on my blogging

I've been a bit busy lately, so I've sort of let this go a little. Oops? I've got a lot to show in all of my classes, but some of the items will have to wait until I can work out how to both add "play" buttons to the Flash animations I've been creating, AND how to embed Flash into my blogs. For now, though, I'll have to settle for works from my Color Theory and Web Design classes. the works from my Web Design class will appear in the form of links to the pages on my site, but the rest will be images, posted here. So without further ado, here's what I have so far (just a couple, this time):



There are other pieces that I've made, but they're nowhere near as interesting and appealing as this one is. The idea here is to create images that give the illusion of depth using only aspects of color, such as value, contrast and "occlusion". the captions below each image at least partially explain what's expected in them. Technically, the images of the cubes is more about shifting values (lightness or darkness) than the use of complimentary colors, but it was close enough to the criteria of that section to pass. The spheres was the most fun to do, and thus, my favorite.

In my Web Design class there hasn't been anything of note to show until this most recent project, so I only have one link to share. Please check out the link below:



This is probably not my best work, but it was fun to do, and exceeds the requirements of the assignment, so I'm happy with it. :)

That's it for now, but I'll be back with more later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment